Monday, December 1, 2008

Making A Mountain Out Of A Molehill


I know this is nothing to get worked up about. To be honest I'm not really worked up I just felt the need to blog something.
I Hate the song I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.
Firstly, if I were a kid and I saw my mom kissing someone besides my dad I'm pretty sure I'd be upset, not watching through the stairs laughing about how fun it would be if my dad saw it.
Secondly, I have an Andy Williams CD and in the middle of the song he does a tap dance and says (right before the tap dance) "...and then a reindeer came in and began to dance."
That is a whole other level of disturbing because what is the joke behind I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus? The kid doesn't know that daddy is Santa Claus. BUT if there are dancing reindeer in my living room then mommy really is kissing santa and poor daddy is asleep dreaming of sugarplums.

6 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

Very good point about the reindeer coming in! I never thought of that before. I just assumed Santa was daddy, but now that the reindeer are in the picture, the song is at a new level of disturbing!

Katy Wilson said...

you...are...ridiculous...

Anonymous said...

You think too deeply!

Anonymous said...

heard this song today, thought of you, haha!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT TOO! and whenever i bring it up to people they think im dumb. I always thought that "mommy" was a little skanky. But, it is a very weird and disturbing song.

david and christina said...

i always assumed Santa meant daddy... no harm to my childhood psyche here!... hey how are things back home with you?