Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Not Mine...

Does anyone have things floating around their kitchen counters or living room that no one claims to know anything about.  As if the pair of bright pink socks magically appeared on the chair in the kitchen or the game piece crawled out of it's box all on its own and ended up in the middle of the living room floor?
About a week ago my parents and I returned from a grocery shopping trip.  I was getting stuff out of bags and then folding them in the handy way I learned from Laura when I spotted a piece of notebook paper amongst the other pieces of mail.  I picked it up and it didn't take much to decide it wasn't mine.  I asked my parents if they knew anything about it and of course they had never seen it before in their lives. 
 
So there it is.  Some random piece of paper that was on my kitchen counter.
I've decided that perhaps the universe stole this out of some little kids backpack and they went to turn in their art assignment and their homework was missing.
Like when a sock goes missing in the dryer, I'm sure it has turned up in some random location.  I found a sock in the middle of the potting shed the other day. (the potting shed, for those who don't know, is basically the central spot for everyone on the grounds at NRI where we have a sink and pots and tables and a fridge and no socks...usually) I'm sure that sock is missing from someones dryer.
So if anyone is looking for a wool sock, with a grey toe I know where it is. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who know where it came from. I think it may be a treasure map, if we could just figure it out!

Laura said...

Hey how did you get that, I have been missing that since 3rd grade!!!
No just kidding. That is funny, or strange. Hey glad to see that my video tutorial was useful to someone!!

tacy said...

very useful! I fold all my bags that way now.

Katy Wilson said...

two things...i'm cracking up at the paper...at first it looks like something nathan would do...but not really...
second...i have a drawer packed full of plastic bags all folded lauras way and i get so annoyed when i open it up and someone has shoeved another 10 bags in there all bunched up into a ball...annoying!

Jessie said...

funny. its probably one of the next door chillins...lol. they broke into the house and left it on the table for you. Also if those are indian symbols. Launas third grade kids were just learning about those symbols.