Friday, December 19, 2008

Walking In An Icy Wonderland

I have been hoping (sorry to anyone this inconvenienced) for a nice ice storm before I went back to Rexburg.  I think it is SO pretty and Rexburg doesn't get ice storms. (they claim to have bad winters but come on...a foot of snow doesn't compare to a 1/8th inch of ice)  
Well I got my wish! (again... sorry to anyone that inconvenienced) 
Nubbins and I went on a walk t see how pretty everything is and to visit Max the lonely dog out back.  Nubbins LOVES the snow and nothing makes him happier than slipping around on the ice!
I love how the ice coats every single branch on the trees and every individual pine needle.  
The trees look so pretty yet so funny because instead of the traditional point up branches everything is weighed down with the ice.

I tried to get a good picture of my Christmas Jack-O-Lantern 
because it looks like a pumpkin encased in a 1/2 inch of glass.  It didn't turn out so well but It is SO cool! Everyone should come by and check it out!  
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - it does look beautiful! Neat pictures you took also!

Kevin said...

Very cool photos Tacy! I agree. They are nice... to look at. Driving in such nonsense should be banned. :P

A little Birdie... said...

That is beautiful! I love to look at ice storms, and definitely not drive in them!

Katy Wilson said...

very pretty, but not fun to drive in!

Unknown said...

oh pretty!