Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Hallowe....I mean Merry Christmas!!!

I do enjoy a good white elephant gift!
Above is our Christmas pumpkin. It was a while elephant gift I won last night. Kind of a cute idea. Who would have thought there would still be good pumpkins in December?
We've been putting up and taking down Christmas decorations.
After Thanksgiving we put up all of our Santa ornaments and then after St. Nicholas Day (December 6th) we take down our Santas and put up nativities and such.
We usually set up a candy tree in the kitchen but this year we put up this tree instead.

Before you say, "Wow! That is an ugly fake tree." Keep in mind that my dad made. Out of turkey feathers even.
We put up all the Santa type ornaments we had on it. We have since taken them off and are just putting some of our newest ornaments on it.
I think we are waiting for Tuna to arrive before we put up the rest of the ornaments.
She'll be home on Wednesday!
Woot Woot!!

8 comments:

Kevin said...

Wait, you Dad made that tree out of Turkey feathers? I don't see any feathers. Unless they are the "pine" needles. In which case your Dad is a beast at making stuff. And "beast" being a good thing.

Unknown said...

Your Dad is Martha Stewart....No I take that back. Martha Stewart WISHES she was your dad. lol

Jessie said...

is are gingerbread village still a go or not? WOOT WOOT for me being home on wednesday!!!

tacy said...

pardon me. did you just spell "our", "are"?

Anonymous said...

Thank Heaven dad had you this year to help him get things set up. . . just think, we wouldn't never have thought of a Christmas jack-o-lantern if you weren't here!

Katy Wilson said...

so did you win the carved pumpkin or a plain pumpkin and you carved it? tuna comes home today! i know she is excited! speaking of horrible grammar...you should see the recipe tuna sent me. oh...my...gosh...

Anonymous said...

Did I really say "wouldn't never"!!! I am appalled!!!

The Ivie's said...

We had some pumpkins left that I was going to can and never did and I wanted to get rid of one. Having morning sickness kind of puts a damper on getting things done. Anyway I suggested to Peter that we give the pumpkin as our white elephant gift. He thought it was a good idea but wanted to keep the seeds. I then suggested carving the pumpkin with something Christmasy. He did a tree since it was quick. We are glad that you enjoyed your, as Peter likes to call it, Chris-o-lantern.