Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Big Shoes To Fill

This year posed a certain kind of problem for me.
You see, each year at thanksgiving our family hosts a friend named Lois and a couple of years ago she told us that she always keeps the place card put on her plate. Every year Katy has had the burden of making the place cards. Katy isn't dining with us this year seeing as how she moved to Arizona.
The lot then fell on me.
I debated on sending Katy our guest-list and having her make some and mail them to me. Then I decided I'd just look at Wal-Mart in the Thanksgiving section to see if they had place cards.
What was I thinking?
You can't find Thanksgiving things at Wal-Mart after halloween! All I could find were some scrapbooking supplies in the clearance isle.
Pictured above is what I came up with.
Katy can be quite fastidious when it comes to things like this.
I hope she approves.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! You should have told how tedious it was gluing all those little pumpkins and gourds on the cards.

colista said...

Tacy, you're awesome! Why doesn't my family do place cards??? I'm gonna ask them tomorrow. I want to make cute place cards dang it! Or have Tacy make them for me!!!

Did you write the names or is that some form of stick on? I love it. I am overly concerned with handwriting to a certain extent.

They look so freakin cute!

Sarah Harward said...

So cute and super festive!! I'm sure Katy will be proud!

Laura said...

You did a smashing job. Give yourself a pat on the back!!! Or better yet come over so I can give you a pat on the back.

tacy said...

I'm bad with handwriting too Colista. I printed the name on the cardstock on the computer then cut them all out.

Unknown said...

uuuh...WOW!!!!
We are lucky if there is a table cloth on the table.

Jessie said...

way cute tace!

Katy Wilson said...

i think you did an amazing job filling my shoes...actually...i think yours look better than any of mine did. i shoul never try to free hand them...