Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Shameless Plug


About a month ago we had our carpets professionally cleaned. The day before the cleaners were supposed to come I tried to clean my carpet so it didn't look too bad. They said we didn't have to worry about moving our couches but my dad and I moved and vacuumed underneath and around and put them back in the same exact position as if they had been sitting there untouched.
(isn't it typical to spend all day cleaning your house and as soon as someone comes over you say, "sorry the house is a mess, I haven't cleaned in a while." and it isn't as though your company doesn't know the truth cause she can smell the clorox wipes in the garbage can)
Anyway... after vacuuming and cleaning in anticipation for the cleaners to come I thought of how upset I'd be if my dog had "an accident" the day after the cleaners came.
My mom and I went to Wal-Mart in search of a new vacuum and walked away with a vacuum and a spot deep cleaner.
I got home and immediately opened the Bissell Little Green spot cleaner. I love vacuuming and I love gadgets so I was like a kid in a candy store. I assembled the very easily assembled parts, I mixed the very easily mixed solution, I plugged in the very easily plugged in machine and decided to tackle a dirt spot that had been on our carpet for years.
I turned on the machine, sprayed a little solution on the spot, put the vacuum piece to the floor and slowly (just like in the commercials/info mercials/home shopping network) moved it over the spot.
To my utter amazement there was a white strip right down the center of the stain.
I am not exaggerating here.
I know I/my dad has a history of exaggeration but I cross my heart hope to die stick a needle in my eye promise that the Bissell Little Green is the most amazing effective spot cleaner I've ever used.
That spot had been on my carpet for more than a year and I know for a fact I've used spray on spot cleaners before and it hasn't done a thing for the stain but the Bissell sucked it up with no problems.
I went through the rest of my house doing demonstrations for my mom, my dad, my brother, my dog, myself, the imaginary TV crew right ahead of me. I was AMAZED!
I regret not having purchased one of these when we got our dog.
Not only does it do carpets though, it does upholstery too. My sister accidentally spilled some ranch in my brand new car and I Bissell Little Greened it right out of my car. Good as new!

I LOVE my machine and would recommend it to anyone! It is so lightweight and easy to use. And the vacuum sucker thingy sucks out the excess water on the carpet so when you are done it is practically dry already.
AND to make matters even better it isn't called the "Little Green" for nothing. The box it comes in is recycled cardboard, the machine has virtually no PVC and is made with recycled plastic.
ok...so I have no idea what the benefits of no PVC are but recycled plastics!!

Well this blog is getting long and I'm sure a little boring.
If only I could convey how amazing the machine is.
I'll give free demonstrations to anyone who wants one. I'll clean your couch or carpet or car or anything! Seriously, I love it that much.


7 comments:

colista said...

k, so my mom had a one of these when I was a teenager. Only it was called the Bissell "Little Green Clean Machine"! Isn't that awesome?!?! Anyway, she swore by it. I just rented a rug doctor and did my entire floor and it doesn't look like I did a dang thing!!! I'm so annoyed. Maybe I should buy one...what did it cost you??? I hate my carpet!!!!

Sarah Harward said...

AHHH!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bissell Green Machine!! It's a must have with children (at least my children!) It's gotten poop, grape juice, sharpie marker, chocolate, mud, you name it, out of our carpet!!! Best investment ever!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been not only surprised but in LOVE with it!!

Lyd said...

Ooooo!!! Fancy!! I totally need to tell my sister about this one! And I'm sure that my teachers would love to hear about this little friend!

Anonymous said...

teehee, you sound like the home shopping network already!

Anonymous said...

You really should become a QVC host or something . . . you would be really good at it! (But I love the little machine too - so you need to remember to show me how to use it before you go back to school)

Katy Wilson said...

i laughed when you mentioned the fake tv crew because i know EXACTLY what you were doing...
and when you mentioned the ranch that your sister spilled i thought...'that is so like tuna to spill things' and then i remembered that it was me and i felt a little bad but then i remembered when i bought a new car and my sister dumped a 42 oz. soda all over the console....and i don't feel as bad anymore.

;)

Jessie said...

i can totally see what katy sees when you mentioned the TV crew. I also do not spill things that much. And for the record my new car is perfectly clean of any spills meaning ranch or soda! So neither of you are ever riding in my car...