Sunday, June 28, 2009

Open Mouth Insert Foot

Lately I've been saying things that I regret!
Everyone knows the saying, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." I should probably heed that council.
The other day a group of my friends and I were sitting around talking. We started talking about a date my roommate had gone on. The guy was really nice but he was a real big dork! So when my guy friends asked my roommate to explain why he was a dork I decided to step in. I started with, "Well the first time I met this guy......" (and three of the guys interrupted me and said, "we know him!" and proceeded to say his name followed by affirmations of their love for him. I wanted to crawl under the table!
A few days later I was talking about a Biology teacher I hated and was saying how awful of a teacher he was and my roommate said, "Well he is probably never going to teach here again." (she is a biology major and knows everything that goes on in the biology department). I asked why and she proceeded to tell me that he was in a motorcycle accident with his 11 year old daughter. The daughter had major skull fractures and my teacher also had major skull fractures and they had to amputate his leg and they aren't sure if he has any brain activity left or if he is even going to survive much longer.
I felt horrible!

So basically I need to start talking nicer.

6 comments:

mom said...

Sometimes it is a good idea to get all the facts before commenting. That is why we have been instructed many times not to judge people...we don't have all the facts! Sometimes this lesson is only learned the hard way. I love you anyway!

Lyd said...

Yeah, this has been something I've been working on as well. When I start thinking something negative about someone, I just think that I shouldn't be judging. I don't know everything, but I need to judge correctly on what I know, but knowingly not judge "harsh" or wrongly because I don't know the whole situation. Does that make sense? haha It's all good Tace, everyone does it some time or another.

Katy Wilson said...

i understand the overall idea of what your blog is saying...but your actual blog is very confusing to me. I had to re-read quite a few sentenses...and I am still confused.

Example 1:
I started with, "Well the first time I bet this guy......" and three of the guys said, "oh we know him!" and proceeded to say his name followed by affirmations of their love for him.

How does the you daying 'the first time i bet this guy...' let the 3 guys know who this guy was?

example 2:

A few days later I was talking about a Biology teacheotorcycle accident with his 11 year old daughter. The daughter had major skull fractures and r I hated and was saying how awful of a teacher he was and my roommate said...

what is a teaceotorcycle? and the rest of the sentense in general is confusing.

example 3:

he was in a mmy teacher

what is an mmy teacher?

tacy said...

ok- sorry I didn't proofread that very well before I published it. I tried to fix the problems outlined by Katy.

Katy Wilson said...

ahhh...much better...but i still don't understand the issue with the boys. you hadn't said anything mean about the boy yet, had you?

Salized said...

At any rate, I liked some of the vadlo science cartoons!