Tuesday, June 16, 2009

...No One Here Thinks I'm Funny


(I just gave someone crap for not reading my blog and then I realized, Wait a minute! I haven't update my blog in forever, who wants to read crusty old blogs??! So here is a new one, don't everyone comment at once!)
For those who don't know me as well as they should, I'm an entertainer.
I love nothing more than to make someone smile and if I can make someone laugh my day is complete!
I knew I had a career in making sad people happy again when I made my English teacher (Mr. Byrn) slap his knee with a joke I told. From then on I never questioned my skills.
I work with this guy, and unbeknown to him it makes my day when I get to work with him because I swear he laughs at everything I say.
This just works back into my vanity, but I've convinced myself that my smile is contagious. I smile at people and sometimes I can't understand why they won't smile back.
(ok, sorry I know this is a rant but the other day at church I looked behind me two rows and saw my friend so I smiled at her but the guy in the row right behind me smiled at me because he thought I was looking at him, haha)
I bring this up because it is rare that I can't find someone I can at least make chuckle, but I recently spent some time with people who didn't even crack a smile at my jokes!
Of course my sisters were rolling on the floor but not even a smirk from the others.
What gives?
Is my contagious smile not contagious anymore?
I couldn't imagine living in a world where I couldn't make the people around me smile!

9 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

Tacy, I think you're roll on the floor, slap my knee, cramp in my side funny!! Don't let other's lack of personality hinder your natural talent for making people happy. (that totally sound like a mom comment. I need to get out more)

Lyd said...

Those people just don't know what's up. I don't think that you'll ever loose your charm. Blast those people who think it's better in life to be a little more serious than not!! Lies I tell you, all lies!!! I'd much rather have laugh lines than poopie frown lines! :D

Lyd said...

And I love that you published this at 1:12 am. And that you were still up at 2...at least.

katie said...

You make me laugh every day so you should always feel complete!

Katy Wilson said...

Ms. J likes ya...

mom said...

Tacy, I always think you are funny, but not every situation calls for funny lines. I know who you were with this weekend and I am sorry if they didn't think you were funny. Just remember, not everyone gets the joke right away...some people take longer for it to sink in cause they don't realize it is a joke. Don't take it personally!

tacy said...

I didn't say anything about this weekend, and I don't necessiarly take it personally, I feel bad for them for not having a sence of humor

mom said...

So it didn't have anything to do with the weekend? Did Jessie tell you about our psycho dog who spent a week being boarded at the vets and wouldn't eat anything unless they bought him McDonalds?!!

Joanne said...

Oh man Tacy. I read your blog faithfully, and I'm always laughing and smiling about things that you say. I wish I had more opportunities to leave comments, but I'm usually one handed when I read blogs because I'm holding Ethan in one arm. But just so ya know...you're hilarious! It's true indeed. I'm jelous of your roomates who get to laugh with you every day.