Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!


The other day a few of my roommates and our guy friends were having a discussion about dating do's and don'ts and favorite and worst date stories.
At some point in the discussion my roommate (I think it was my roommate) asked the guys if it was ok for a girl to ask a guy on a date, or if guys didn't like that.
All the guys said they would never turn a girl down and that they don't mind when a girl asks them. The only problem is the "who is gonna pay?" situation which, now that I think about it, we didn't resolve.

Anyway....I'm calling them out!
That is a huge lie!

Girls shouldn't have to ask guys out anyway, guys should be on top of that.

Lame-o!

5 comments:

mom said...

So, did you ask someone out and got turned down or are you just commenting in general on the untruthfulness of men when it comes to this?

Lyd said...

Wait, did you get turned down?!?! If so, then need to get punched.

And I agree that guys need to ask girls out more. It doesn't even have to be expensive. Just a Jamba Juice or something like that. And I'll also say that I'm not apposed to girls paying ever once in a while. I would only do this if I was "dating" some one, or if I had a guy friend that was always paying. I'm sure it would be nice to lighten the load ever so often for them.

BUT I don't think that I would do this as a, I want to ask so and so out. They need to be asking out the girls!!!!

tacy said...

I didn't get rejected. I'd never ask someone. I'm just making a statement that if I was to ask someone I'm sure they'd reject me because guys are stupid.

Kevin said...

While I agree that guys are stupid, I don't think it's such a crazy thing when a girl asks a guy out. Though it's only happened to me once or twice in my 30 years of livin' - it was a nice change. It removed a lot of the guess work out of the equation. Cuz in my mind, if a girl does ask a guy out, she either just needs someone to go to some event with her (as was the case with me) or she REALLY does like the guy. In which case that big ol' question of "did she say yes to be nice or does she really like me?" is already answered.

Buh dass juss mah too censs...

katie said...

I had an fhe bro who said that if a girl asked him out, he'd expect her to pay. But he was an ass, so... yeah.