Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Mower, The Snake, The Mud

I needed to update my blog so here is my morning:

I mow sometimes at work. My mower is cute little green John Deere #24 named JJ (John Junior)
Today I was assigned to mow the ditches along the roads and was told it was kinda muddy so watch out. (mowers are notorious for getting stuck in the mud)
As I was mowing I came upon a snake. In a previous blog you learned of my hatred for snakes, so imagine my fear. (i was trying to tell myself that I was much bigger then the snake and could over power the thing if I had to, but then I told myself "wait a shake!!!!! David beat Goliath, size has NOTHING to do with it") I had visions of mowing it over and snake guts flying everywhere and hitting me in the head, I'm sure my flesh would melt away and I'd die right there because I ran over the snake. So I sat there, scared that it was going to turn and fly up and bite me. The snake finally slithered it's way into the corn field and I was on my way.
I started mowing some other ditches and as I got halfway down the length of the ditch I realized there was water in the ditch. I started backing up so as to not get myself stuck but needless to say I did get stuck. I assessed the situation and decided to get off the mower and call for help (today of all days I didn't bring my cell phone to work). At this point I was thinking things couldn't get any worse, but then the clouds opened up and God said "I hate you Tacy!" I took a step off the mower and my foot slipped and I FELL off the mower. Yep, hands and knees in the mud.
I finally gathered myself and called for help. My rescuer, hero, knight in shining armor (call him what you will) noticed that my tire was flat so I had to go back and fill up the air in my tire. When I got back to the compound I noticed I had TONS of little bugs on me from going under the trees on JJ.
OK, my story dosen't have a good conclusion. I kept mowing, hit a few spider webs, got some funny looks as I sang at the top of my lungs, and went to lunch.

8 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

Do you ever listen to the 'Rainbow's' CD the Smiths gave my kids and Katy? In the song about Green, it's mentioned that he hates snakes (cause their green) but they use the term 'Wait a shake' which, is why I'm bringing this up, because you said that in your blog. Okay, that's all...

p.s. Sorry you fell off your mower and saw a snake...

Kevin said...

Awesome re-telling of the days events Tacy. I was quite amused. What I really wanna know is, who is John Senior?

And singing at the top of your lungs on the mower. Awesome. Reminds me of many lonely summer afternoons...

Lyd said...

What song(s) where you singing is the question?! And that was a mighty story. I loved the "I hate you Tacy" part...reminds me of a text that I got from Amanda...but it wasn't about you, no Tacy in the text...it was God hating Rexburg, not you. ;)

And did I mention that I love snakes?! hehe

Katy Wilson said...

well...i don't have alot to say ab out your blog other than i'm glad i wasn't there cause i would of peed my self watching you fall off yoru mower...and that would be embarrassing...
who was your knight in shining armor?

Anonymous said...

yeah, who was the knight?

Unknown said...

I tried not to laugh but I just had to. Who was your rescuer?

colista said...

k, Tacy, I've been buying that Simply Lemonade in the cold juice aisle. but, apparently it's better if you use really real fresh sqeezed:) Anyway, then go to the produce section and buy the fresh mint leaves. I usually put two or three in a glass of lemonade. I think it just goes for your taste. So, really long explanation for something so simple, eh? Yep, that's me...long winded!

Katy Wilson said...

you think you feel bad...you should see how jessie feels...