Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I can't think of a title

This morning I was eating a bowl of cereal when I saw what looked like a praying mantis on the ceiling in the kitchen.  I casually called my dad in to come get it. I wasn't too freaked out or anything, it was just a praying mantis.
He tried to grab it but it flew away from him and behind me.  He kept trying to grab it and then all of a sudden I felt it's claws of death latch onto my poor arm.  I screamed and pleaded for my life.  I felt it move into my hair and I kept screaming.
My dad retrieved it from my hair and I went on eating my cereal.

5 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

YIKES!! I don't think I would have been able to calmly go back to eating my cereal! I'm sure it would have been spilled all over the kitchen as I was flailing my body around trying to get that praying mantis off of me!!!

p.s. I really like the 'flock of turkey' theory. I told Steven and we both kind of think that you just can't stop smiling when thinking about Ammon sheparding a bunch of turkeys!!

A little Birdie... said...

Oooo that gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it! I HATE bugs! YOu are brave, and my hero. :)

colista said...

Preying mantis's are evil alien bugs and I DESPISE them!!! EEEWWWW!! In fact, I'm freaked out just looking at the pic on your blog of the darn thing! You are brave, lady!

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome! I love mantids!

Katy Wilson said...

HOw did I miss this blog? I am laughing outloud right now...that is so funny....
I love frogs.....AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH