Monday, September 1, 2008

Guns & Snakes

Guns:
For those who don't know that I'm fat.... I am fat. Because I am fat my arms are HUGE! I am always self conscious about my arms and usually wear 3/4 length sleeves to cover my upper arm because from my elbow down is fine.  Yesterday I was in a huge hurry to get to church so I grabbed a shirt out of my closet that I discovered didn't cover my upper arms like I would like it to.
I got to the second hour of church and sat down with my primary class (5 boys).  I noticed two of the boys on my right side were looking at me and whispering with a sly little smile on their faces.  I couldn't figure out what they were whispering about so I said, "Gabriel, what is so funny?" And he looked at me and said, "Look at your muscle! You must be strong! Like a superhero."  And I said, "I wish it was muscle." And Xan cupped his hands around my upper arm and said, "Yeah, it doesn't feel like muscle, what is it?"  
It was really funny.
Snakes:
I work on a grounds crew which sometimes requires Sunday watering.  I was watering a greenhouse yesterday while my dad was watering some plants outside.  As I walked down one of the isles to water I heard something behind me move on the gravel.  I quickly turned around to see a huge black tail move in the plants under the table.  Thinking it was a raccoon or something (raccoons are vicious) I screamed, dropped the hose and ran outside.  My dad told me he would finish watering inside after I told him there was an animal with a huge tail chasing me (a little exaggeration but who cares).  We went inside and I showed him the table I saw the tail under.  He watered under the table hoping something would come running out but nothing moved so he chalked it up to my huge imagination.  As we were getting ready to leave I heard something squealing like a small animal caught in a trap.  My dad got a stick and started investigation the noise that came from under the table where I saw the tail.  Needless to say he found my tail.  It was attached to a HUGE Black Racer Snake (pictured below not the actual snake but a black racer snake).  
Scary? Yes! Will I go back into that greenhouse without seeing the dead black snake on a pole of some sort? No!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't have nightmares! You should have just let them think you are strong like super-hero! What a way to keep little boys in tow!

Katy Wilson said...

my favorite part..."xan cupped his hands around my upper arm"...i think i would of backhanded the kid if he got too close...and that might of gottne me kicked out of primary promptly...