Sunday, May 3, 2009

Just Be Nice!!

(I secretly hope the people this blog is about will find it so they can know how I really feel)
You know those people who are just mean?
When I meet someone new I give them the benefit of the doubt. Not even that, because saying "I give them the benefit of the doubt" makes it seem like I've heard bad things about them but I'm going to give them a chance. When I meet people I automatically assume I'm going to like them until I'm proven wrong.
I assume most people are the same way.
I know a couple of people who are the completely opposite. They have no tolerance for anything. Don't whistle too loud or you'll hear it, don't sing the same song too many times in a row or you'll hear it, don't smile too big or you'll hear it. Having a perfume that they don't like the smell of is some kind of horrible offense. Having a good time and laughing with your friends in their presence is an unforgivable sin.
I'm SICK of it!
I know this whole blog seems like an oxy-moron because I'm showing intolerance for their intolerance but I've honestly have enough!
I've tried to see things from their point of view but I can't get my head that far up my butt!
They are just mean and it really is sad.
I honestly have never met people who are as hateful as them.
They say horrible things to me about people I know and then when that person comes around they act as though they are best friends. Do they realize that even though they treat me nicely to my face I KNOW they talk to their other friends about how annoying I am. Or do they think they are fooling me?
I've tried to let my shining example of niceness (no eye rolling) shine but I can only do so much!
I just want to tell them, "JUST BE NICE!"

11 comments:

Kevin said...

I despise mean, two-faced idiots.

mom said...

Who in the heck are you talking about? (Send me a text) I seem to remember a few occasions (way back) when you would say (about someone you hadn't met)..."he looks like a jerk." Glad to hear you are changing your ways. Hope you don't have to deal with whoever it is too often.

Katy Wilson said...

"Don't whistle too loud or you'll hear it, don't sing the same song too many times in a row or you'll hear it, don't smile too big or you'll hear it. Having a perfume that they don't like the smell of is some kind of horrible offense. Having a good time and laughing with your friends in their presence is an unforgivable sin."

That paragraph doesn't make sense to me....what do you mean 'you'll hear it'...it's too vague...you need to use some examples of what you are talking about...

Katy Wilson said...

Also...where did your list of friends go?

Lyd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyd said...

Sorry, those were from me. I needed to fix a couple things. :)

Um, I know EXACTLY who she is talking about and WHAT she is talking about!!! And she ALWAYS has to deal with them. It's a daily occurrence, sadly. I had to put up with said people as well.

Katy, this is what she meant with "you will hear it." Say you are whistling a little tune that makes you happy. In a matter of a few seconds or so, you will hear this: "WHO'S WHISTLING?!?!?!?!" Um, last I checked, happy people don't yell at people for being happy, they just let them keep "whistling" or what ever the case may be. I guess if it's for hours at a time, this could get annoying, but for 2 minutes or LESS?! Give me a freaking break! So stupid.

They need something to lift their spirits. Just because they CAN'T be happy with their own sad little lives doesn't mean they need to make everyone else unhappy. It's really sad actually. And it makes me even more sad that such an amazing person like Tacy has to put up with their bull crap all the time. :( Tacy, you are welcome to come down were and visit when ever you want. And remember that I'll be up there every once in a while and we can party away!

katie said...

I had to deal with 2 people like that last semester!

"Just because they CAN'T be happy with their own sad little lives doesn't mean they need to make everyone else unhappy."

Exactly!

I told you to move over here, we've got a spare room, just say the word to amy, and I'll help you move!

Lyd said...

I love your new blog. Holla!

Erin and Devin said...

We were just talking about this topic... I think you should tell those people to stop back biting and be nice! :) Easier said than done, but I can see you telling them they need to change their attitudes. Hopefully we can work together this week! Have a great day!

Jessie said...

thats sad tace, sorry.