Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What Happens When You Die?

What is the proper etiquette when dealing with people's internet accounts once they die?

I know "they" say to never write down your passwords, but I have. I've written down my passwords and log in names so that if I was to suddenly die someone could get online and delete me from cyberspace.

This all came about because on Facebook they give you friend suggestions. One person they keep suggesting for me to add is dead and I'm sure no one knew her password to get on their and delete her account. I don't ever want that to happen to me.
So if I suddenly die, I've written my passwords in my journal, so whoever wants to can get ahold of that and delete my stuff!

7 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

cute background...cute picture...and i think you know most of my passwords, so do the same for me will ya...

Sarah Harward said...

I have actually wondered this a lot. Mainly because I think that there are some people who my family wouldn't think to tell if I died suddenly so they could send out a mass e-mail from my account, then delete the e-mail account and all my other accounts. Maybe I'll put that in my will.

Lyd said...

I've thought of this as well. I need to write them down somewhere. Meeeeh.

I can't see your background!! :(

mom said...

What happened to your background? And who do you keep getting friend suggestions for that is dead?

tacy said...

Cheryl Thomas

Laura said...

I got that same friend suggestion, and it freaked me out at first! Then I thought oh how sad.

Unknown said...

Cheryl Thomas is dead??? wow.