Saturday, August 9, 2008

I love the olympics


I Love the Olympics!
I have a playlist on my iPod called "I'm Proud To Be An American" and the Olympic Fanfare music is on it and people always say, "that isn't patriotic!" but I think it is because when am I the most patriotic?? (besides on the 4th of July?) During the Olympics.
Not only does it pull out my patriotism but is seems like, for a couple weeks, the world has one focus. Watching all the countries walk onto the field during the opening ceremony was...neat I guess you could say. Iraq walked out and there were cheers, Iran walked in and there were cheers, Saudi Arabia walked in and there were cheers. Countries I had never heard of, countries who had one person to represent them and even they got cheers.
It is very humbling.
It was also crazy that George W. was sitting next to Vladimir Putin and it was like they were just two normal people. No formal seating, they both had their jackets off, they were talking about the show they were watching. It was weird.
I like the Visa commercials that are out with Morgan Freeman's voice. This is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it too.




4 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

i really likede that one...but i don't think it was my favorite...i will see if i can find that one and send it to you

Kevin said...

That's cool, I hadn't seen that commercial.

It's a shame about that coaches parents that were killed, I hope nothing else happens like that. But yeah, I agree. It's a very patriotic and worldiotic time. Yeah, I just made that word. Copyright!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are patriotic. I loved watching the opening ceremonies with you last night! Nobody else thought it was as amazing as we did. Don't ever lose your patriotism!

Katy Wilson said...

um...correction mother...i was amazed!