Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What kind of tree are you?

that picture is for you katy :)

Who doesn't like to people watch?

If I know I'm going to be in a group of people I try to place myself in just the right way so that I can people watch.
My roommate Jamie and I used to get Dairy Queen and then go to the Wal-Mart parking lot and people watch.


When Jessie (tuna) people watches she tries to figure out what kind of animal the person she is looking at would be.
It's kind of funny because as soon as she says, "The guy over there getting a drink....He'd be a lizard", I can see exactly what she's talking about.

My title alludes to the infamous question Barbara Walters asked in an interview...but if you're curious as to what kind of tree you are follow THIS link :) I'm a cypress tree which I guess means:
"Strong, muscular, adaptable, takes what life has to give, happy
content, optimistic, needs enough money and acknowledgment,
hates loneliness,faithful, quick-tempered, unruly, pedantic and careless"

7 comments:

Sam said...

turns out i'm a hazelnut, no wonder i love hazelnut chocolate milk shakes!

"Hazelnut Tree, The Extraordinary

Charming, undermining, very understanding, knows how to make an impression, active fighter for social cause, popular, moody and capricious lover, honest and tolerant partner, precise sense of judgment"

Lyd said...

I love doing the animal look-a-like game. haha

Sam - "know's how to make an impression." I think we were talking about this at devo?! haha

Pretty sure mine is a little off:

"Walnut Tree, The Passion:

Unrelenting, strange and full of contrasts, often egoistic, aggressive, noble, broad horizon, unexpected reactions, spontaneous, unlimited ambition, no flexibility, difficult and uncommon partner, not always liked but often admired, ingenious strategist, very jealous and passionate, no compromises"

Definitely not egoistic, limited with my ambitions, I have ton of flexibility - physically and socially, I hope I'm not a difficult partner, I've been told that someone thought I hated them...but that was because I was shy, and I do make a lot of compromises!! What the what?!

I was once ask what kind of tree I would be by one of my friends, so I'll stick with my answer: an apricot tree. Reasoning, they have a beautiful flowers and then they provide a delicious fruit. :D That's much better.

Kevin said...

I would like to people watch with you & Tuna. That sounds fun.

I'm a Maple Tree

Maple, Independence of Mind
No ordinary person, full imagination and originality, shy and reserved, ambitious, proud, self-respect, hungers for new experiences, sometimes nervous, many complexes, good memory, learns easily, complicated love life, wants to impress.

Eerily accurate.

Sam said...

haha, good call lyd, but based on devo is that good impressions of bad impression?! ha. i kinda miss the ol' nose neighbor now that it's gone!

tacy said...

Lyd and Sam, I am confused! Devo (which I miss by the way...very good people watching)? ol'nose neighbor?! It's in my comments...I need the low down.

Sam said...

nose neighbor = mustache, a la ned flanders from the simpsons. it was incredibly gross looking!

Lyd said...

Yes. It was. I'm glad it's gone.