Tuesday, January 19, 2010

End Of The Road


I've reached the end of the "fixing my arm" road.
I had a consultation with the orthopedic surgeon this morning and she informed me that the surgery I was recommended for would only help me move my arm if my rotator cuff was causing the immobility in my arm, but it is my deltoid muscle causing the immobility.
So I'll never feel nor move my upper arm again.
The best chance to get any strength in my arm is physical therapy to strengthen my rotator cuff, but it still won't move like it did.
I'm not complaining though!
I'm alive!
The only thing wrong with me is that my stupid arm doesn't move and there are plenty of ways to adapt to that. I've been blessed beyond what I deserve in my safety, and in a mom who is willing to do whatever it would take to get my stupid arm to work again.

Thanks for all the prayers that were offered in my behalf during all this!
I couldn't have better friends!

5 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

you would have better friends if you had friends rich enough to afford to hire doctors to invent a surgury exactly for what you needed...i bet calli could do in on Greys anatomy...or maybe it's a mental thing and Dr. McDreamy could help...
but really I am very sad that your arm is 'broken' forever...But... the good thing is I'll bet you get used to it (if you haven't already) and eventually you'll forget entirely what it was like not to have a tyranasaraus rex arm

Lyd said...

Tacy!!! I'm SO sorry!! :( That is so crazy that they can't do anything about it! You're still the same amazing person though! I love you! One of these days, like when I go on my road trip, I'll visit you in good ol' Nauvoo! :D

Kevin said...

I'm still betting on Cyborg technology. But until then...

Unknown said...

:) I love you Tacy. You have such a great attitude!

Sam said...

this is definitely bummer news, but keep that positive attitude! i'm still pulling for ya!