Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Little Late....

Right before Thanksgiving Jessie and I decided we were sick of our bathroom.
Floor to ceiling light blue was getting really old, especially since the matching duck decor we used to have was replaced by a modge-podge of other decor.

So we went to the store and decided to redo.
We went with a dark purple. My dad said it would look like a dungeon...and I've had enough Interior Design 101 experience to know that if we did floor to ceiling dark color it WOULD make it feel like a dungeon.

So we went with a barely off-white ceiling and door trim and dark purple everything else.
(our bathtub takes up one whole side of our bathroom so that wall is basically the same color as the ceiling.)
This is what we ended up with.
I really like it.

Don't look too close at our paint job... we are the most amateur of amateurs.

Now if we could just convince our dad to let us paint an accent wall in the kitchen.
Our kitchen/dining room/living room have 100% white walls.
It's disgusting.

8 comments:

katie said...

Wow Tacy! It looks great!

Lyd said...

I love it!!! Dude, my Vegas house was white up until like 2 years before we sold it...it was the BIGGEST difference! It made the house look so much more fresh and alive! I should send you some before and after pictures, if I have them. (They may have been before the time of my digital camera.) :)

Jessie said...

Yay! I love it!

Kathy N said...

I do like it, and it doesn't look like a dungeon. How can we convince dad to let us put some color in the rest of the house?

We're All Wright said...

I say any time someone else is willing to do the painting it's a great day!! Love it!

ashlee jean said...

that's so rad! (now that im back home for a lil bitsy...it makes me want to redo my room walls!!!)

Katy Wilson said...

i loved the purple...and i think the kitchen would look AMAZING with one colored wall...too bad dad is a stingy old man who can't let anyone else have their way when it comes to decorating ...

colista said...

LOVE< LOVE< LOVE the purple!!!!