Monday, December 14, 2009

Snip Snip Here...Snip Snip There


Well it's finally here...
(i'm not sure if I should end that in an exclamation point or not so I leaned on the good ole' ellipses)

After my EMG today (the 4th in 4 months) the doctors finally decided that indeed my nerves aren't coming back on their own and they are going to go ahead with surgery.

They will make an incision on the backside of my left arm that will run from my shoulder to my elbow and they'll attempt to find the nerves (overtime nerves retract so there is a possibility the surgery might not even work) and they'll hook nerves from my tricep to the unresponsive nerves.

My surgery is tomorrow (the 15th) at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.

Wish Me Luck!!

(the most annoying thing is that even if the surgery works it might take a year to kick in...blah)

7 comments:

Lyd said...

Oh my gosh Tacy!!! That made my legs go numb!!! That stinks!! Good luck tomorrow!! You'll be in my prayers and thoughts!!

Katie said...

:) We want an update as soon as you're able! *hugs*

Sam said...

good luck tacy! you're in my prayers!

Mary said...

I hope everything goes good today. I will pray for you and your Dr.

david and christina said...

good luck tacy! they sound like the know what their doing and i believe they will come back!

Katy Wilson said...

tace...dad just talked to mom...and i'm sad that you died on the operating room table...and i will miss you alot...jk...but really...I AM SO SAD that the stupid surgury didn't even work anyway...just cut your arm off and then you can just get a fake one...that works...

Anonymous said...

ah! good luck! you deserve for all to go well.