Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I Can't Sleep


I haven't been able to comfortably sleep for the longest time.
The "longest time" actually equals about a week and a half, but still! To someone who is sleep deprived a week and a half feels like forever.
I can't sleep on my back because my shoulder lays all funny and it kills when I wake up in the morning.
I can't sleep on my right side because my left arm has to balance and that just doesn't work.
I can't sleep on my stomach because if I'm on my stomach my arms automatically want to go above my head...and my arm WON'T go above my head.
I end up sleeping in a recliner which isn't that uncomfortable but it doesn't really allow for stretching.
Even if I take PM medication I can't sleep through the night.
It wouldn't be that bad if I had someone to keep me company because 3am is awfully lonely, but all I have is QVC and the Home Shopping Network.
It's kind of funny actually because they'll have a caller form Iowa or something and I think to myself, "It is 3am for heavens sake! Why are you calling the Home Shopping Network?!" and then I realize that I'm basically doing the same thing.

5 comments:

Lyd said...

haha That last bit was pretty funny. When I had to get my wisdom teeth out and for another surgery, I had to sleep in the recliner for a few days. Like you said, it's not that uncomfortable, but it will have to do. You should turn on some type of boring movie, or one that's quiet and see if that helps. Oooo!! Cast Away!! Given, I really liked that movie, but it's a quiet one with waves and such. See if it what happens, just for me. ;)

mom said...

I remember when you were little and couldn't sleep, you would come into our room and say, "Mama, can I sleep on your tummy?" Then you would climb up and and have no trouble falling asleep on top of me. Wish I could help you now.

Katy Wilson said...

go sleep on top of mom...HAHAHAHAHA
I am laughing out loud picture that! Also, I read your entire blog thinking I was reading Sarah's. I was so confused at why she couldn't sleep on her arm and all that stuff...
duh...

Jessie said...

Holy Crap that is HILARIOUS! I will keep you company next time.

Laura said...

Ha ha a funny thing just happened. I read the post above this one (the one for Katy's B-day) and went to your playlist to the birthday song to listen to it while I read that post. then when I got to this post the song "dreamin" came on!! Knowing how smart you are you made that happen some how but I saw it as a fluke (sp)!!