Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back to school... Back to school

This spring semester started the way any other semester in Rexburg has started.
The bookstore doesn't have the books I need, and Wal-Mart is out of notebooks.

The Bookstore:
This is what must be going through the bookstore peoples mind. "There are 20 seats available in that Russian Culture class, lets order 10 books and see if that'll be enough."
If there are 20 seats available ORDER 20 BOOKS, or better yet, order 25 books! Don't let me get to the bookstore only to find out that the book I need isn't in stock anymore!

Wal-Mart:
Every single semester tons of students make their way to the last surviving, smallest, non-super Wal-Mart in the world. (I have no evidence that it is the smallest wal-mart or the only non-super Wal-Mart) Every single time Wal-Mart runs out of notebooks before the semester even begins. Wouldn't you, as a Wal-Mart person, think, "Hey, every semester we run out of notebooks and never have enough, we should order a lot and set them up in one of those center isle displays so that the students don't have to try and cram into a 5foot wide isle to get their paper." but no, that doesn't happen.

So I guess I'll waste my time blogging becuase the two assignments I was assigned to do involve a book that the bookstore ran out of.

7 comments:

mom said...

Will the teacher understand that you can't do your assignment because you can't get the book? Could you have ordered the book on-line from the bookstore earlier so they would save you a copy? Do I need to overnight you some notebooks? Maybe you should have gone to a Wal Mart in Arizona and buy some, knowing that the one in Rexburg wouldn't have any. Aren't you glad this is your last semester and you won't have to worry about it anymore?

Katy Wilson said...

It's called supply and demand...simple economics...

Frustrating nonetheless...

david and christina said...

oh walmart plans it right- if you are cramped in that isle you will look at the other things while waiting for the things that you and everyone else needs! good luck on russian! p.s. look on half.com or any online bookstores for it

Lyd said...

haha Typical...ish. This is yet to happen to me (knocks of faux wood.) But still dumb non-the-less. That's why there needs to be a Target in Rexburg! :D

Kevin said...

That sucks the booty Tacy.

Jessie said...

Sorry tacy that sucks

Erin and Devin said...

HAHA! That is so true! Then you have to go back to the Bookstore to see when it comes in... I've been there before. Ummm... I want to work with you, but I am unaware of when you work. I work tomorrow from 1-5... I will be doing some watering, but it shouldnt take all that time. We will see...