Monday, March 9, 2009

Where Did The Years Go?

Is it just me or does time really seem to fly these days?
I can't help but think I missed out on something great because time is flying so quickly.
I'm not 80 or anything (shout out to Grandma on June 11th) but I am 23, and I feel like because time is moving so quickly, I've missed out on something.
Benjamin Button had it made! Getting younger and cuter as years went on.
Look at what happened to me as I got older.

I went from this cute little girl:


to this....person:



In 23 very short years!
Isn't that just sad!
Why can't I be cute and little when I'm old enough to appreciate it.
It kind of makes me feel like a failure at some aspect of my life.
I have lived 23 years and have nothing to show for it!
It's like working for 23 years and having no money, or nothing to prove that you've done anything.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

But your life isn't over...there is still time to do something. You are so good at so many things and can make a great contribution! Don't give up yet...set your sights on doing something meaningful (for society, community, family, whatever). Any, by the way, you will always be that cute little girl. Look at tall the pictures - the smile is always the same, that is what makes you, you!

Anonymous said...

Aww I agree with Mom, 23 is way too young to be filled with regrets, the best parts of your life are still ahead of you. And you ARE a cute girl, in all those pictures. Duh.

Laura said...

Time does seem to slip away from us. And when we stop to take a look at it we will always see that we have missed out on somethings. However the people in your life will always be able to list many things you have accoplished, because they are the ones who's life you have touched. And that is what really matters, that you have been there for others to help them be better people. Everyone who knows you is a better person becasue of you. So smile and bring on the next 23 years!!!

Katy Wilson said...

try turning 27....blech...

Unknown said...

Everyone who knows you loves you and respects you. How many people can say that? :)

Jessie said...

At least you are photogenic. Remember when rodney took both of our licenes and said. TACY YOUR PHOTOGENIC... i was like you...YOU SUCK!

Lyd said...

TACY!! Shut your mouth!! :) You are still very pretty!! And I think that everyone I know who has met you, loves you. You make this apt. Without you, most of the time it would be lifeless!! That's why I hate it when you have to go to the sewing lab!! I love you Tacy! You are VERY accomplished and don't let anyone or anything tell you otherwise; they are lies. Love you girl! :D