Saturday, March 28, 2009

not in front of grandma!


I'm a member of the Republican National Committee,
which basically means I get a calendar, a pad of paper, and lots of annoying "donate your money" letters and emails.
Today I was checking my email and the subject of the email I received from the "Grand Ole' Party" was:
Americans are TEA'D - Taxed Enough Already!

I couldn't quite figure out what the heck Tea'd was until I realized that it is what I used to say before I learned the word pissed.
I understand that a number of people don't appreciate the use of the word "pissed", which reminded me of this comedian Nick Swardson.
This guy (like most stand-up comedians) has some really funny stuff.
One of his bits is about how when our generation gets older, there will be no dignity left.
Think about it- Our grandparents are so innocent and quaint. There are certain words or phrases you can't say around them because it offends them.
I, like Nick, wonder what we will be offended to hear as we get older.
Maybe Nick's prediction is correct, that we are such a corrupt generation that there will be no dignity left when we get to be grandparents.

Either way, it is funny that the republican national committee actually used the word Tea'd in the subject line of their email.



5 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

can't you just say mad...hahahahaha

Katy Wilson said...

ashlie just pointed out...and after having 3 drinks at the bar no less...that tea'd probably stands for Taxed Enough Already..a'd meaning already...
pretty clever...i didn't pick up on that

mom said...

Saying you are "t'd off" was our generations way of saying 'ticked off'...which is a lot better than the p... word! And I agree, soon you won't be offended by anything!

We're All Wright said...

All over the country right now they are having neighborhood tea parties and sending tea bags to Congress in protest of the money being spent. Glen Beck started it but thousands have gotten on the band wagon and are having old fashioned "Boston Tea Parties". Anyway that is what it was all about.
Hugs! Viv

Unknown said...

Mary day posted the Tea Party in Quincy on her blog and I just saw them talking about it on the news tonight.
Looks like a PARTY!!!