Monday, March 30, 2009

Mood Music

I'm a fan of classical music.
I often listen to classical music, or John Williams type stuff while I'm studying.
(ok, i'm sure I didn't fool many of you will the whole "studying" bit, but I do enjoy listening to music while I'm doing homework, namely writing papers)
So I'm doing a paper for scripture study class and we are supposed to visualize what is happening in the scriptures by means of asking questions, looking for details, stuff like that.
Well I'm sitting here listening to music and the theme from Jurassic Park comes on and it gets to a really dramatic part right when I read this verse in 3Nephi 11:

"8 And it came to pass, as they understood they cast their eyes up again towards heaven; and behold, they asaw a Man bdescending out of heaven; and he was clothed in a white robe; and he came down and stood in the midst of them..."

And it was kind of funny, because I'm pretty sure the part in the song I was on is when the helicopter is descending onto the island, and it kind of gave me a funny visual.
I guess it isn't all that funny at all, but if you were in my room at that moment you might have shared my thoughts.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

If I was there I would of not been able to remember what was happening in the movie, during that part of the song. Sorry..

Katy Wilson said...

I remember exactly...gotta love John Williams...

Lyd said...

I love it.

Brad & Jessica said...

for some reason it wont let me comment with a funny picture. im angry.

mom said...

I can picture the scene you are talking about, but I am like Jessie, I can't necessarily recall what is happening just from hearing the music.

katie said...

that's awesome! I love it when life randomly corresponds to what I'm listening to. My mom and I call it the 'American Graffiti Effect' since the songs in that movie reflect what's happening, lol.