Saturday, November 15, 2008

You Know You Live In A Small Town If...

The post mistress around here is pretty stanch. If a piece of mail came to PO box 412 to Tracy Nelson it would be returned to sender because there isn't a Tracy Nelson who lives there. The bank where I got my car loan from has been trying to send me my loan payment book for about a month but because it had my physical address not my PO box on it it was returned.
I for a while have suspected her of picking favorites and only picking on the people she doesn't like.
I think I have some pretty good evidence towards that.
I was cleaning off my counters when I found a piece of mail addressed to
Durell Nelson
Nauvoo, IL
No PO box, no street address, no zip code, nothing. But somehow it ended up in our PO box.
Maybe the key to the postal system is to not write the wrong address but just not put one at all.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

go figure . ..

We're All Wright said...

I'll bet with an occasional box of fudge and your sweet "I adore you" smile the post mistress would do almost anything for you! I sure would! The sweet smile is why your dad doesn't need an address.

Anonymous said...

My only question is what Mr. Richard H. was thinking...

A little Birdie... said...

Hahaha! That made me laugh!

Katy Wilson said...

i understand that there are rule the postal system needs to follow...i just wish that it was more regular when they would decide when to and when not to deliver something. and why in the world is stuff sent to Tacy Nelson PO Box 412 gets forwarded to me sometimes...or Tacy Nelson PO Box 102...but sure as shootin if they sent something to Tacy Nelson 2832 S. Elm St, it wouldn't get to me because you don't live here.
On another note...I know you were just teasing mom when you made the comment 'can't you just say that your mad' but just saying that 'i'm so mad' would be like saying 'i'm hungry' when you haven't eaten in 9 days and you could knaw your arm off if you had to just to satisfy the ache in your stomach...in that situation you would want to use a word stronger than hungry...just like i needed to use a word stronger than 'mad'...because trust me...it was more than mad.

Lyd said...

HAHAHA That is freakin hilarious!! I think that that just about made my day!!