Monday, November 10, 2008

Applebees Schmapplebees

Who wants to know about my Applebee's experience?
Tonight my mom and dad and I went to Applebee's for dinner and it was less than exciting.
Firstly it was FREEZING! Now I know that restaurants are usually on the chili side (who wants to eat when they are hot?) but I was FROZEN! I had to wear my coat and that is so annoying.
Secondly my mom ordered a Diet Pepsi and they were all out of Diet Pepsi. Weird? Yes, but sometimes your beverage machine runs out... I guess.
Thirdly our food came out (a million years after we ordered it) and my "well done" steak was in a pool of "medium" steak juices.
Then the waitress asks what kind of sauce I want and I say A1 (of course) but guess what, they were out of A1 so she brought me Heinz 57 sauce. Some people love Heinz 57 sauce but it is NOT a substitute for A1.
I went to dive into my mashed potatoes and they weren't really mashed. They were more like cubed potatoes smothered in sour cream. My vegetables were more mashed than my potatoes.
My mom went to take a big bite of her Bruschetta Burger and it was extremely dry and cold. Almost as cold as her french fries.
My dad's food was ok but he spilled it on himself so I'm going to go ahead and blame that on the restaurant too.
When we were leaving we heard a waitress tell someone their meal was going to be a little longer to prepare because all of the chicken they had was frozen.
Crazy!

But good news. I have been on a 3 year quest for a good pair of brown dress shoes. I have searched for a pair that fits me just right and finding a 9.5 seems like an impossible quest all together but tonight I found a pair.
I'm pretty excited. Now I can wear my brown outfits.

6 comments:

Kevin said...

Dang, that's lousy.
But, hey at least you got dem shoes.

Katy Wilson said...

1. I love Heinz 57 but agree that it is not an acurate substitute.
2. I love your shoes.
3. Applesbees is so slow...do they have happy hour out there like they do here? 1/2 off drink and appetizers pretty much any time except 7-10?

tacy said...

i think they close at 9. the one in Idaho Falls and Rexburg has it after 9.

colista said...

were you at the one in Burlington...that one is the worst. everytime I go there, I end up wishing I hadn't. The one in Quincy is a little better.

Lyd said...

Man, that freakin blows!!! That crap drives me crazy!! I hope you didn't leaver her a phenomenal tip. That's just lame sauce. :\

And cutie shoes!!! I love them!! :D

Unknown said...

I went to Applebees for my birthday because I got a gift certificate. This was September and we swore we would never go back. We waited FOREVER for our food. Marty got the all you can eat shrimp so he immediately asked them to start getting his second round ready so he wouldn't have to wait for it...but alas he never got it. They took so long we had to leave because I had to go to work.
I am having the same brown shoe struggle...where did you find them they are so cute!!!