Monday, June 30, 2008

Watch Out Betty Crocker!!!



Last week my roommates made cinnamon rolls. Try as they did they could never make good cinnamon rolls because they don't have my dads recipe. After tasting their sad attempt at a culinary confection I decided I couldn't go another week without my dads cinnamon rolls. Honestly his cinnamon rolls are legend. Some kids have visions of sugar plums dancing through their heads during Christmas, I have visions of my dads cinnamon rolls. So above are pictures of my attempt to recreate my dads genius. Things always taste better when someone else makes them, but if I do say so myself they aren't that bad. I'm pretty sure my roommates ended up throwing away the rest of theirs because they were dry and no one at them right away (that might be because no one in my apartment knows the concept of covering their food). The last picture is what remains after an encounter with my four roommates and two of my FHE brothers. I guess that means they liked them.
Next attempt: My dads rolls.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I would sell one of my kids for your dad's recipe's. (hint, hint)I dream about his rolls...they just melt in your mouth...ok I have to stop I am drooling all over my laptop

Katy Wilson said...

no...not the rolls...you can't make the rolls...you don't have uncle devons wine goblet

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Tacy! I am proud! Do your friends wonder why dad has all the recipes and mom has none?

tacy said...

no. they know you have good recipes for real food. like the chicken i make quite often, the ham we had for easter, the jello salad thing i make sometimes.

Anonymous said...

were our rolls so terrible?! I'm affronted!

tacy said...

no need katie, no need. but nothing compares to my dads

Katy Wilson said...

what is "A League of Their Own" Alex?

Anonymous said...

I heart dads rolls!

Anonymous said...

hey can you send me the recipe please? check out the new blog at blomdal-daniels.blogspot.com... how is home now?