Saturday, June 21, 2008

...and my mind was opened!

I forgot to share a story about the Hindu temple yesterday. The people who run it also have a small farm type thing on the grounds. They have mini cows (I don't mean calves, I mean a mini breed of cows), Lamas, huge carp fish, peacocks, and a parrot. I was standing by the parrot cage (which is a feat because birds and I aren't really the best of friends) and the parrot starting moving it's head up and down and then it stared at me and said "Hi!" It was actually quite cute. Then it moved closer to the front of the cage so I stepped back and to the side and he moved to the side with me and did the head thing again (I think it was bowing) and said "Hi!" again. It was quite the experience for a bird hater like me. Maybe all birds aren't created equal.

My word of the summer for today is lugubrious. it means expressing sorrow. I'll use it in a sentence:
Katy said that Butch Walker had to postpone his tour in Arizona, I'd like to be more lugubrious but I really don't care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you were little and while on a visit to the pet shop, you quietly said, "that parrot is trying to eat my pigtail." I turned around and sure enough, this huge parrot that was just standing on the top of his cage, was trying to pick off the little balls on the rubber bands that were holding your pig tails. I always thought that was the reason you really didn't like birds.

Anonymous said...

HA HA i literaly laugh out loud when i here you say HI!

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog!! You are such a great writer. I have a cockatiel named "Chicklet" that would love to be your friend. ha ha ha My mom found her at a yard sale for $5, cage and all, and gave her to me for my birthday. :) enough said.

Lyd said...

HAHA I love it! And I might add that you are doing great with the blogging!!! Look at how many you've already done!!! :D

Katy Wilson said...

um...i would love to find a cockatiel at a garage sale...sweet. let me point out to anyone that might stumble upon this blog that i pointed out to tacy what a miraculous thing this whole bird situation was and that she should blog about it.