Thursday, June 19, 2008

They wouldn't dare!

DISCLAIMER: Don't Hate Or Judge Me For This Post!We had a discussion in class today about the Nazi's and how Hitler had said he was going to try to take out all the Jews way before he actually did and everyone sort of had this "He won't REALLY do it! He wouldn't dare" mentality. Well guess what, he did. Preventative measures could have been taken, Winston Churchill tried to tell everyone but no one wanted to "prevent".
I was thinking about how Hilary Clinton said something to the affect of...If Iran was to bomb Israel we would take measures against Iran. Why only after the fact? Shouldn't we try to prevent things from happening instead of just cleaning up after them?
I don't know.... we can't just bomb a place and I'm not suggesting we do that, but if Iran has said "we are going to do this" why wouldn't we act instead of just saying "They won't REALLY do it! They wouldn't dare" because we KNOW that people do do horrible things.
I think it is just scary because people say "well IF someone attacks..." but honestly we have terrorists at our back door. Our government allows for free speech and public assembly so we have people gathering IN America saying We Hate America! Down With America! A girl in my class has an aunt and an uncle who are American Muslims (they live in Michigan, the state with the largest Muslim population) and they stopped attending their church meetings at the mosque because these meetings were all about how they are going to take down America.
Nonie Darwish (her dad was a Jihad Suicide Bomber) said that Americaa is strangling itself with their political correctness. I think she hit it right on the button. We are wrapped up in saying it is ok, nothing is going to happen. There isn't a threat, don't worry, when really there is a threat. People who say that September 11th was our fault (Ron Paul) are crazy.
I don't know what I'm trying to say... It is just kind of scary and I wish there was a way to 'prevent' without war but I don't see anyway around it. I guess that is why we wait for something to happen and then we react. It doesn't make sense but it is politically correct.

4 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

i'm so glad your major is university studies...waste.

tacy said...

bite it! If I was a political science major I'd have to made decissions and not just say... "I don't know"

Anonymous said...

It is also said that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I am so proud of you for thinking about serious things like this, and not just following those who are loudest at expressing their 'political correctness.' I always said you should be a history teacher! You would make it interesting for your students!

Lyd said...

Those people that are all "politically correct" can bit it. I agree with you. People just need to use their brains! :)