Friday, June 20, 2008

ello govna!! (use the british accent)

You may be asking, "What is with the picture?" You may also be asking, "What does 'ello govna' have to do with a speedometer?" Well my friends let me explain. Today for one of my classes we had to drive down to Utah for a field trip. I didn't want to be stuck behind my slow teacher the whole trip, so about ten miles down I-15 I decide to take the initiative and pass him. My van hit 80mph and what happens? A very loud "you don't have you seat belt on" dinging started to ding and wouldn't shut off. Come to find out, the school had put a governor on the van so it wouldn't go past 80. Ridiculous? Yes! Did people stare at me with the "Speed Up Lady!" look? Yes! Will I ever drive a BYU-Idaho vehicle to Utah again? No!
Below is the picture of the BYU-Idaho gas card I got to have possession of on the trip, and the key to the brand new van I was driving (only 2,506 miles on it). It was a very cool key, and the other two vans were old and had average keys.This is the picture of the Hindu temple we went to visit. It was interesting. Very interesting. We had a little tour where the guide explained to us that we weren't correctly following the word of wisdom because when it says, "eat meat sparingly" sparingly means only in case of emergency... like "spare" tire. You don't use it unless you have to. Because they are vegetarians we had the privilege of eating at Govidna's Vegetarian Buffet which included Fig Newtons, Tang, applesauce, chocolate pudding from a can, brown iceberg lettuce, Ruffles, carrots, watermelon, bread, and tomatoes. Yummmm!!!

After going to the temple we went to Salt Lake City to the church office building to have a little talk form this guy named David Warner(?) And I think he might have thought I had a crush on him because I kept staring at him but I KNEW I had seen him before. Well turns out he is "in charge" of the Nauvoo pageant so there you go.
Then we went to see the temple and some of the religious symbols on it then we went to the Cathedral of the Madelin. Then we headed home. My van was the only one that didn't get "lost" so we had to sit at Farr West and wait for the other vans to appear. Then we headed home, going 75mph the whole stupid way.
The End

ps: I'm learning a new word every day for the entire summer and today was Inimical. It means unfriendly. I'll use it in a sentence:
Not stopping to talk to my room mate who I saw in Salt Lake on the temple grounds taking pictures because she had just gotten married was inimical.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't 80 fast enough when the speed limit is only 75!!!

Anonymous said...

Even if I hadn't seen your pretty picture before reading your blog I would've known it was you by the way you talk, haha!
"So there you go!"

Anonymous said...

wow that is sad about the van, sorry tace! to bad i wasnt in utah yet cuz i could of met you at salt lake to see you! to bad!

Katy Wilson said...

did you really see your roomate on temple square?

Katy Wilson said...

how did you do that?

tacy said...

80 might be ok if all the other traffic was going 80. Plus I could go 80 but it wouldn't let me set cruise for 80, it would only set for 75

Lyd said...

No, 80 is not fast enough. :) You're allowed to go 6 over and be fine...so that makes it 81. Good ol BYU-I. Good time and a little over protective. hahahah Next year we need to go to the Festival of Colors held at that temple on the 30th of March. It's loads of fun. I want to go SO bad!!!