Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Geocaching!!

(sorry this is just text and no pics, but my internet connection is shakey and the pictures wouldn't load)
For Christmas I got a Garmin GPS.
I was so excited about it because I could now participate in Geocaching!
What is geocaching you might ask?
Basically it is a worldwide scavenger hunt!
You log onto geocaching.com and look for a cache you want to find (you can search for places around you, or use the maps to search for places you are going).
Then you plug the coordinates for that cache into your GPS and it'll tell you how to get there.
The cache's range in size from a film canister to...huge.
After you've found the cache you log your name in the logbook provided at the cache and then get back online and log online that you've been there.
If you're lucky, when you find the cache there will be a little thing in it called a travel bug
So far I've found four cache's and two travel bugs and I've hidden one cache!
It is really lots of fun and it gets me out of the house!

8 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

I had a friend here who did the geocaching thing once. She seemed to enjoy it. You're on a roll! Did Were there 'prizes' in the ones you found? What did you hide as a replacement?

tacy said...

I hide little dinosaurs as replacements because my sign name is tacytrex.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you found 2 travel bugs! Where did you find the 2nd one? I am excited for you to find some more out there in Idaho. What a fun thing to do on a Saturday when the weather is nice and you don't have anything else to do! Have fun!

Kevin said...

I kept thinking you were talking about Geods.

Katy Wilson said...

Dear Ms. Hypocritical,
I have taken it upon myself to comment on your blog because I know how important comments are to a successful blog and I know how much you like them and I know how frustrated you get at me when you know I have read your blog and haven't commented on it...DESPITE THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE FAILED TO COMMENT ON MY PAST 3 BLOGS...
Have a lovely day...
Katy

Madi said...

You better add me to the "people who love you" list cause i'm offended and worried that you don't think I love you...

Lyd said...

When are we going Geocaching?!?! It's SO much fun! We totally need to do it some time soon! :D

Unknown said...

I am so excited to try it...you know with all my free time. lol