Monday, September 14, 2009

The Nerve!!!

Well for those of you who don't know my left arm still doesn't work. Making my name "tacy t-rex" a very appropraite one because my upperarm stays close to my body while I use the forearm area, making my arm really small and almost unuseable...kind of like a T-Rex.



What is being done about it?
Well my arm doesn't hurt so much anymore so that is good but from my elbow to my shoulder is still numb and I still can't make it move.
I had an EMG and the doctor said that none of my nerves were severed (hazaa!) BUT even though nothing was severed the nerves were still severely damaged and the doctor still weren't sure to what extent.

So now I have to go to Dr. Susan MacKinnonShe works at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, MO.
I guess she is amazing. I googled her and got a lot of returns, plus the head of the orthepadic department at Quincy Medical Group had an article she had written in a magazine ripped out and hanging on his wall. What is a little confusing though....is that she is the head of the department of plastic and reconstrustive surgery. I'm not sure why I need to see her because no one said anything about surgery.
Anyway...until my appointment (october 8th) I'll continue going to physical therapy twice a week to see if we can make my stupid arm work.

6 comments:

Lyd said...

You have tap dancer's arm!! HAHAHHA I would know. :) Oh Tacy!! I'm so sorry! That sucks! I was just talking about this the other day. I miss you. Hope the therapy and everything in Nauvoo is going well. :D

Katy Wilson said...

Dear Tacy,

When the sun shines, we shine together. Told you I'll be here forever. Said I'll always be your friend, took an oath that I'm a sticke it out till the end. Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we still have each other. You can stand under my umbrella. You can stand under my umbrella.

Love,
Katy

Kevin said...

Tacarine, that sucks. We humans should have the use of both arms, so I hope Super Doc can fix you. However, in the meantime, we will hang out. I'm thinking Thursday. Rent a movie, some type of food for dinner. Such things.

Yes? Yes.

Vin

tacy said...

Lyd- You'll have to teach me tap dancing now that you are TAing for Gary and all, and I have tap dancers arm!
Katy- I was confused....I'm still a little confused...but thanks for caring :)
Vin- Sounds good to me. I get done with therapy at 5:30

Katy Wilson said...

You can't hold an umbrella property due to the fact that you have a stub arm, so you can stand under my umbrella so you can use your one good arm for something else as you walk in the rain...

Katie said...

Oh Tacy you make me laugh! I love that video clip, but I'm sorry about your arm. I always look forward to a Tacy update, I hope you know I check your blog multiple times a week, even though I don't always comment!