Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My stupidity continues to amaze me

The other day at work we were celebrating a c0-workers birthday. Before we could eat the cake (we didn't have candles because she said there would be too many) I told everyone we had to sing Happy Birthday. Not everyone was in the room so I sang a solo round of "For She's A Jolly Good Fellow! That, nobody can deny!" Then it hit me. For 22 years of my life I thought the last part of that song meant no one can say no to the jolly good fellow. Turns out no one can deny that the person being sung about is jolly good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet 99% of the population never stopped to think about the punctuation in that song...it has nothing to do with stupidity!

Sarah Harward said...

Okay, I feel dumb too, because for 27 years I've thought that same thing! Now I keep singing the song to see if it will make sense, and it's lost all meaning...I swear my brain cells are getting fewer and fewer!

Katy Wilson said...

ok...i am 100% serious here...i have always known that that mean that no one could deny she was jolly good...
i never even thought aobut it the other way...
sort of dirty if you think aobut it...or maybe just when I think about it...

Unknown said...

? I love knowing the things you think about ? It keeps me thinking....I wonder what Tacy is thinking right now! You looked amazing on Sunday by the way. That dress and THAT color....WOW!!