Monday, July 20, 2015

It's Been a Year


The day Kacy Grace died was single handedly the saddest day of my life.
She brought so much happiness and joy to not only me, but to everyone who knew her.
I often have moments where I am overcome with sadness for the loss of my sweet baby girl.

And though I miss her SO much, I can't help but think about how much peace I feel when I think about where she is, and who she is with.
Sitting in the hospital, after holding her for the last time, my mind immediately went to the picture "Heavenly Hands" by Greg Olsen.  People have told me how much the little girl in the picture looked like me when I was little, and people had also told me how much Kacy looked like me. The picture, to me, illustrated what was happening beyond this realm, at that very moment. And though I cried (and still cry when I see it) I felt comfort.
The first day I went to work after she left us (after taking the Disney CD with the song Baby Mine out of rotation) I heard Vocal Point singing Danny Boy, and they added a verse at the end that again, reminded me of Kacy Grace and the picture:

"So if you've died and crossed the stream before us,
we pray that angels met you on the shore;
and you'll look down and gently you'll implore us,
to live that we may see your smiling face once more."

I am comforted because I know she is in good hands.
I am comforted because I know she is happy.
I am comforted because I know I will see Kacy Grace again one day, and she'll be waiting for me on the shore, smiling (and probably doing a bunny face).