Monday, August 23, 2010

"Derelicte"


I hate having fresh 100% white shoes.
There is something about a worn in shoe that is so much better to me than a squeaky clean shoe, not just because it is more comfortable, but because it LOOKS better to me.

I have been wanting new shoes lately so today Amber and I were looking at shoes online and we came across the ones pictured above.
$118 dollars for those puppies.
Don't they look...dirty?

I've purchased worn jeans before, but there is something about a pre-worn shoe that is just...wrong.

(bonus points to anyone who can name where my title is from and the significance to the blog)

2 comments:

david and christina said...

i feel really weird answering this (but i like when people comment on my blog so i will oblige)- but the movie is Zoolander!

Lyd said...

Dah! I was beat to say it was from Zoolander! I actually said "Derelicte" multiple times last week! haha

Dude, that much for those shoes?! Lame. But I think I would have to agree about super white shoes. I use to like my shoes looking like they were perfect, but there's something about them looking like they are used; makes it look like you're doing something with your life. But then again, I guess I'm not a huge fan of white shoes anyway. Color is much better, be it dirt or fabulous colors like hot pink, lime green, and a mossy color. Beautiful! ;D