Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Whoop De Duo!

I know back in the day twins were probably novelty. With their lack of prenatal care and all, but we are now in the 21st century and even though twins are fun and exciting they aren't necessarily rare, or a phenomenon of any sort.

This leads me to wonder why people always ask if Jessie and I are twins. We aren't, in case you didn't already know, our couldn't clearly tell from the picture below.



Besides our weight and our hair color we don't look anything alike.
No fail if Jessie and I are working at the Fudge Factory together we get asked if we are twins, and sometimes three or four times a day.
We were walking into wal-mart the other day and the wal-mart greeter lady asked us if we were twins.
It's not like you don't ever see twins, twins are quite common. We had three...I think three...sets of twins while I was in high school and that was out of 100 people, imagine a bigger place. I'm sure there are tons of multiples.

Not only do Jessie and I get asked if we are twins, but if Katy and Jessie and I are all together we will get asked if we are triplets, or if two of us are twins or something.
We look so different, I just don't get it.

(I hope this doesn't come off sounding negative, I don't care if people ask if we are twins but it is just weird that someone would actually ask)

9 comments:

mom said...

You don't look alike?!! Please!

Lyd said...

haha It didn't sound negative at all. Maybe it's because I've known you, but I would know that you weren't twins or triplets for that matter. Given, you do look alike because you are sisters, but I wouldn't say twins. :)

Kevin said...

So, wait... are you guys twins?

Katy Wilson said...

The best part is that when people realize we aren't twins, they think Jessie is the oldest...it makes me laugh every time...

And...really...I think you are just upset that you aren't as beautiful as I am...really...

Laura said...

I get asked all the time if Emmitt and Constance are twins. I'm sure for you guys it's because you three get along SO well and are really close to oneanother.

KJ Ramsey said...

I used to get that all the time when I was with my sisters (who actually are twins, but look nothing alike). I was mistaken for the twin. And in my elementary school, in my grade alone, there were at least 3 sets of identical twins, not counting the fraternal ones. Crazy...

Katie said...

Could be worse- at least people don't mistake you for your brother! I've got a pic of my brother holding his guitar on my bulletin board back in ID, and I've had 4 roommates mistake him for me! Now there's a frustration!

The Hathaways said...

haha my sister and I have gotten asked several times if we are twins. I agree that we look similar but definitely not like twins. I've also gotten asked if she was the older sister which was not cool because she's three years younger! Oh, and since I'm married to a twin and twins run on my moms side of the family I'm really nervous that I might have twins someday. NO THANK YOU!

ashlee jean said...

okay, so you do all look alike, but not like twins, just like sisters. and i am DEF down for a chi weekend. that sounds amazing!!! <3 you bestie