Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cake and Birthdays

I posted a while ago that I was in a cake class and I never posted anything else, so here are some pictures.


The first class we all made rainbow cakes. I didn't get a really good picture because I was trying to get a picture of the border around the bottom.

Jessie's rainbow cake.

I can't take credit for the cupcakes above...I believe Jessie did the star one, and my mom did the flowers.I was 100% anti-clown when we went into the class but after learning how to make it I think it is really cute!

That is the cake part, now for the birthday part!
In my family we are very avid birthday celebrators. I know some people who just let their birthday roll around and they may have a cake or something but that is it. That doesn't work in my family, birthdays are a time to celebrate.

Because I love geocaching, my mom and my sister spent hours making me a geocaching birthday scavenger hunt. I got a set of coordinates that led me to someone who had another set of coordinates for me.
It was lots of fun!
At the end I got a new laptop (which I really needed because my old one, beside being ancient, was missing keys) and a purple dinosaur cake Jessie made using the skills we learned in class.
She did an amazing job!
Today is Nathan's birthday, and the theme for his birthday was "perpetual kid!"
So I used the skills I learned in class and made him a lego cake.
Sorry for the long post....and the lack of fun content.

6 comments:

Lyd said...

What are you talking about?! This was not a long post!! haha

I love the cakes!! So cutie!

Katy Wilson said...

WOW!!! I finally got to see some cakes and they are amazing!! I am so proud of mom's flowers...and I love your background!

katie said...

Lack of fun content?? Pictures are always fun! Awesome cakes Tacy!!

david and christina said...

i love you cakes... but... just thought you would want to know that everytime i watch private practice and see taye diggs i think of you!!!! hahahaha

Rob said...

Lack of fun content? I was very entertained and very impressed with the cakes.

sage said...

CUTE!! love the cakes! i didnt think it was long at all and it was very intertaining :)